Ok, the previous parts of this series have been all about the theory and mindset of losing fat. It's time to get into some specifics. Here is a list of foods to avoid if you want to be successful at losing fat:
- Fried Foods: Should be obvious. Fried foods are high in fat and low in any nutritional quality. Avoid them like the plague. This includes such things as Fried Chicken, French Fries, Fried hamburgers, cheeseburgers, etc (i.e. McDonalds burgers)
- Hydrogenated or Partially Hydrogenated Oils: These are essentially 'fake fats' that are man-made. By Hydrogenating oils, you essentially alter its physical state to allow it to remain solid. These types of man-made fats are even worse than regular fats! Check the ingredients labels on the products you buy. If is says "hydrogenated' or 'partially-hydrogenated', avoid it!
- White bread: Bread in general should be minimized due to it's high carb content, but especially white bread. It has no nutritional quality to speak of. If you must eat bread, eat only 100% whole wheat bread.
- Bagels: Bagels are in large white bread, so they should be avoided. In addition, bagels are a very dense version of white bread. One bagel equals approximately 5 slices of white bread! This makes bagels essentially a 'carb-bomb' with no nutritional content.
- Cream sauces: If you are eating out, avoid anything with 'cream sauce' in the description. These sauses are high fat, high calorie and low in nutritional content.
- Potatoes: Note that I refer to regular potatoes here, not sweet potatoes. Why shouldn't you eat potatoes? Because they are a high Glycemic Index food. What is the Glycemic Index (GI)? You can find out more about it here, but I will talk about it in a future blog. It's a VERY important topic.
This entry was posted by and is filed under Health.