There have been some interesting 'upgrades' going on in my life lately. I recently came into some money at work, so I suddenly have the funds to do these things:Done
- New PowerMac G5! This thing is sweet! Amazing how in less than 2 months I went from never having owned a Mac, to buying a 'cheapo' Mac Mini, to buying a full blown PowerMac. This is despite the announcement that Apple is switching to Intel CPUs. That won't happen on the PowerMacs until 2007, so I figure I can still get two good years minimum out of this thing. Once the new 'Mactel' Powermacs come out, I plan on upgrading to one of those. Mac OSX is a positive joy to use. I've never had a dual processor computer before.
- Finishing the car stereo upgrades. This has been something I've been planning to do for almost 4 months now, ever since I bought the Accord. Tomorrow, I get the final upgrades to the stereo done. Tunes!
- New carpet for the house. On August 6th, all the carpet in the bedrooms of my house will be replaced. The carpet in my house has been in bad shape for 4 years, ever since I bought the place. It's got stains everywhere, a big iron burn mark, and has been trampled down into nothing. It was bad when I bought the place. It's bad now. I'm glad to finally get this stuff replaced.
- Replace the closet doors in all bedrooms. My house has those cheap looking bifold closet doors. They are so old, they don't stay closed, they don't line up properly and generally they look terrible. I'm going to be replacing this with mirrored sliding doors.
- Bathroom upgrades. I hate the sinks in my bathrooms. The since sits on top of the cabinet top. The gap between the two is caulked but the caulk is wearing out and its generally looking like crap. Also, the faucet on the sink is one of those ones with a plastic handle. The plastic handle has partially broken. I plan on replacing the entire sink and counter top with a single piece where the sink is integrated into the countertop. No more caulking, no more mess. I also plan on replacing the faucet with an all steel one, so no more cheap looking handle that tends to break.
- New office furniture. The L-shaped desk I currently have in my home office is horrible. It's one of those cheap pressed wood Office Depot specials and it's a piece of junk. I plan on replacing this with a nice, solid wood wall unit.
- Painting. Several bedrooms in my house need painting. The bathroom also needs painting.
This entry was posted by and is filed under General.